A perfect start to your day
300g organic porridge oats
3 tablespoons Manuka honey
3 tablespoons cold pressed/raw coconut oil
Approx 200g of a combination of chopped raw mixed nuts, seeds, raisins, chopped dates, coconut flakes, dried figs, goji berries, and / or whatever you have in your cupboard.
1. Set oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
2. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment paper
3. Melt the honey and coconut oil in a small saucepan
4. Pour it over the oats and mix well in a mixing bowl
5. Place in the oven for about 15 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking until oats are almost brown and toasted
6. Add the raw nuts, seeds, raisins, dates etc., to the tray, mix thoroughly and bake for a further 5 minutes
7. Once cooled, store in an airtight container
8. Delicious with blueberries or chopped apples plus yoghurt thinned down with some almond milk, light Benecol yoghurt drink or skimmed milk.