Eggs are a great source of protein and full of fat soluble vitamins which support the brain and nervous system. However, it would be good to limit the amount of eggs consumed to around 6 per week as an effective weight loss consideration.
1/2 Green pepper
2 Garlic cloves
Half an onion
1/2 Tsp ground cumin
1 can chopped tomatoes 125g peas
3 free range or organic eggs 1/2 Tbs chopped parsley
Small handful spinach leaves Pinch of Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat and add the onion, garlic, green pepper and spices. Cook for around 5 minutes or until the green pepper softens.
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes and then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cook until the peas are almost done and then add the spinach.
- Use a wooden spoon to make 3 divots and carefully add the eggs to them. Cover and leave for 5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and add a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.